This year, IDNS is excited to establish a Student Scholarship!
$2,000 funding to a Nova Scotian graduating high-school student accepted into a Canadian CIDA accredited Interior Design program.
Through this scholarship, IDNS aims to provide financial aid to Nova Scotian students preparing to study in the Interior Design profession and to encourage a career pursuit in Nova Scotia.
As part of the scholarship initiative, IDNS seeks to contribute to positive change and create a more inclusive and equitable profession. Better representation of racialized Canadians in our industry will result in stronger, more diverse design work.
The scholarship is reserved for Nova Scotian post-secondary students accepted into a CIDA accredited program. All applicants will need to have been accepted into the program prior to applying for the scholarship and upon award, will be granted the funding towards their first year of education.
The full list of schools and programs can be found at CIDA as well as summarized below:
British Columbia Institute of Technology
Conestoga College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Mount Royal University
Sheridan College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Toronto Metropolitan University
University of Manitoba
University of Moncton
Vancouver Island University
How to Apply
Follow the instructions below to submit your application.
Application is to be submitted no later than Monday, 15th May, 2023, midnight.
1. Provide confirmation on acceptance into a CIDA accredited program.
2. Provide a 750-1000 word essay including various thought starters for consideration based on personal life experiences.
3. We encourage selecting for discussion, more than one of the topics listed here.
4. Complete our online application form.
Topics for discussion:
- What has inspired your decision to pursue a career in the Interior Design profession?
- When you think of inspiring interior spaces, do you have a favourite destination you like to visit in Nova scotia? Tell us why.
- As a future generation Interior Designer, what kind of spaces would you like to design? Why does this interest you?
- Do you have any hobbies you would like to tell us about?
- Tell us something you have done or created that you are proud of.
- How would you describe Interior Design?
- Is there anything else you feel is relevant for you to share?
- Share with us if you are a member of an under-represented group such as indigenous peoples, Mi’kmaq, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible people; persons with a disability and 2SLGBTIQ+
- Are you applying for the scholarship due to financial barriers?
Feel free to attach examples of any creative work you are proud of and may want to share.
Any questions feel free to contact by email the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be notified by email on their status of acceptance from IDNS.
The successful candidate will be invited to receive their scholarship award during the annual Interior Design Awards Gala (AIDA) in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Two dinner tickets to the event will be provided by IDNS.